It is essential that students attend school; this is the first step towards school success.
Students with 7 or more unexcused absences will be referred to Granite School District truancy court. Granite Park Junior High School can only accept seven parent-excused absences during a school year.
If a student is caught sluffing, the student and a parent are required to meet with school administration before they can return to school. During this meeting, we will work together as a team to create an attendance plan designed to help the student be more successful.
Students at Granite Park are required to be in class on time. Our school will follow the steps provided when dealing with student tardies:
- 1st tardy will be a warning.
- 2nd tardy will result in a lunch detention.
- 3rd tardy will be a 1 hour After School Detention (ASD) *Parent contact will occur.
- 4th tardy will be a 2 hour After School Detention (ASD) *Parent contact will occur.
- Upon receiving a 5th tardy, the student will be required to return to the school with a parent to meet with school administration so we can work together to create an attendance plan.
Any tardy after this point will result in the student being referred to Granite School District Truancy Mediation and the student will be overnighted suspended (must return with a parent the next day) after each tardy.