We are a walking school. There are no buses for students.
The Community Council of Truman Elementary has surveyed the school boundaries and determined the safest walking routes from each area. The following descriptions outline these walking routes and explain how our students can reach the school in the safest way possible.
From the south:
· Students approaching the school from the south and west of Valley Park should funnel to 32nd West. Students proceed north along the east sidewalk. At 47th South, students turn east and cross to the school using the overpass.
· Students approaching the school from the south and east of Valley Park should funnel to 27th West. Students proceed north along the east sidewalk until Midwest Dr. At Midwest Dr., crossing guard will help students cross 27th West. Students proceed west along Midwest Dr. until 2980 West. Students proceed north along 2980 West and funnel to 3040 West. Students continue until 47th South and cross to the school using the overpass.
From the west:
· Students make their way to 32nd West and walk along the west sidewalk until they reach the crossing guard in front of the school. The crossing guard will help the students cross to the school grounds.
From the north:
· Students should either funnel through the neighborhood and reach the school through the alley passageway on the north side of the school grounds or funnel to the east sidewalk of 3200 West and proceed south until they reach the school.
· Students on 3200 West should access the back of the school by walking east along the north end of the parking lot rather than crossing the mouth of the parking lot and the mouth of the student drop off
From the east:
· Students who live directly east of Truman should funnel to the north sidewalk of 47th South. Students will then proceed westward until they reach the school grounds.