How did it get to be March already? Time flies when we are having fun and learning! Here is the latest news and information from Upland Terrace.
Pure Imagination T-Shirts
Don’t forget! Orders for our school musical shirts are due on Friday, March 3. A copy of the order form is linked below
If you choose to write a check for a t-shirt purchase, please make checks out to Upland Terrace PTA.
Spring Social Egg Drop
Save the date! On March 21, the PTA is sponsoring our first annual Droppin’ with Mom spring social egg drop challenge. Come join us for this fun new event where we can eat breakfast and watch an egg drop contest! All moms and non-mom parents are invited to attend. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Book Drive for Orchard Elementary
Just before the holidays, our PTA talked about ways to involve our students in supporting another school community as a service opportunity. It was decided that we will hold a book drive for Orchard Elementary school, located in Magna. Our goal will be for all students at Orchard to have a new book to read, take home, and keep.
There will be a flyer coming home soon with a QR code to an Amazon Wish List if families choose to purchase the books, along with additional information. The PTA will also be accepting new and gently used books for teachers to have in their classroom libraries. There will be a donation box for these books placed by the office/front foyer. Our book drive will run from March 5 – 18.
We are already making plans for the 2023-2024 school year! Pink kindergarten notes were sent home with students last week. If you have a child who will be age 5 on or before September 1, 2023, it is time to start the registration process for kindergarten. Fill out the pink form and return it to the office. We have plenty of extra pink forms for friends or neighbors you know who may need them.
We will have two open house events that families may choose to attend, scheduled for March 10 and March 16 from 2-4. Bring a smartphone for a “guided” tour of our school!
We are tentatively planning to have one full day and two half day kindergarten classes for next year. We cannot confirm classes until funding has been finalized, the legislative session is over, and the grant is awarded. As soon as we have session information, we will let parents know. We understand parents are anxious for this information, and we appreciate your patience!
- Friday, March 3: Planning Day – school ends at 1:40. Show your school spirit! Wear red or your school shirt.
- March 5-18: Book Drive for Orchard Elementary
- Friday, March 10: Planning Day – school ends at 1:40. Show your school spirit! Wear red or your school shirt.
- Friday, March 10: School Community Council meeting at 2:00 in the library
- Friday, March 10: Incoming Kindergarteners Open House 2-4pm
- Thursday, March 16: Planning Day – school ends at 1:40. Show your school spirit! Wear red or your school shirt.
- Thursday, March 16: Incoming Kindergarteners Open House 2-4pm
- Thursday, March 16: PTA meeting at 9:30 in the PTA room
- Friday, March 17: No school for students! Teacher Planning Day
- Friday, March 17: Swig Day (More information to come!)
- Tuesday, March 21: Spring Social and Egg Drop at 8:00am
Enjoy the rest of the week!
Mrs. Reed, Principal and Ms. Anderson, Assistant Principal