The focus of Title I schools is to help students achieve proficiency on core standards, closing academic gaps that may exist. These efforts include providing targeted supports to at-risk students, building teachers' capacity through professional development, and strengthening parents' abilities in helping their children succeed.
An Introduction to Title I
- Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- For other annual Title I parent information, Granite School District's parent engagement policy, a summary of Granite School District's Annual Title I Parent Meeting, and other information, please visit the Granite School District Title I website.
Parent Compact, Policy & Rights to Know
- Parent-School Learning Compact
- School Parent Engagement Policy
- Parents' Right to Know (opens the District's Title I website)
Other School Information
Parent-School Learning Compact
Wilson School-Parent Compact SPA
Wilson School-Parent Compact ENGBack to Index
Parent Engagement Policy
Parent Engagement Policy
Preface: To our parents and families, we honor your role as the first and most important teachers of your children. Thank you for partnering with Woodrow Wilson Elementary in helping your children achieve their academic potential and social emotional well-being. We will strive to provide appropriate two-way communication about your child’s goals and progress.
Mission and Collective Commitments:
Our mission at Woodrow Wilson Elementary is to achieve excellence. We will educate all students utilizing high quality, rigorous, and relevant core aligned instruction while promoting collaborative relationships between all stakeholders.
- We will communicate with all stakeholders in a purposeful, positive, and productive manner.
- We will provide effective educational opportunities that are inclusive and allow every student to be challenged at their own level.
- We will provide a learner-friendly environment that facilitates continual discovery and a love of learning.
- We will embrace a growth mindset by viewing mistakes as opportunities for deeper learning
- We will engage parents and community members by creating an environment that respects and values diversity and gives them a voice and presence.
- We will engage staff in relevant professional development opportunities in order to implement best practices for student learning
The staff at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School has always regarded parental involvement vital to the success of students achieving academic success together. Within our community there are many diverse cultures, languages, and students with special needs. We encourage parents and guardians to participate as school volunteers, in PTA and the Community Council.
It is the intent that our communication with parents, such as materials or flyers, will be written in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practical, provided in a language that is understandable. If anyone would like clarification, interpretation, or additional support, please contact the office at 385-646-5102. Each parent or guardian is highly encouraged to work directly with the teacher of the child to resolve any concerns.
A school-parent compact has been developed by the Woodrow Wilson Community Council, PTA, and staff. A copy is available on our website or by contacting the office staff. The purpose of the compact is to increase each child\\\'s academic achievement and social skills.
Some ways in which parents will be kept informed and assisted in understanding expected state, district and school academic standards, assessment used, and student achievement expectations.
- Wednesday Folders
- Monthly Calendars
- Participate in Home Visits
- Attend Family Nights (Math, Literacy, and Art)
- SEP Conferences (translators when needed)
- Email, blackboard text messages, DOJO, School Facebook page
Some ways materials and training will be offered to parents to help them work with their children to improve achievement, such as literacy, numeracy and technology training.
- Family Nights which support academics at home
- Grade level Parent meetings
- Individualized help as requested or needed
Some ways parents and staff will work together, reach out, and communicate with each other to realize more fully the value and contributions that parental involvement adds to the success of the child\\\'s achievement growth and the success of the school.
- Communication through phone calls, texts, emails, and planners
- Small group meetings as needed
- Facebook, Dojo and Blackboard
Back to Index
School Annual Title I Meeting
Parent input is valued. Each year, a parent meeting is held where our school solicits input in the planning and implementation of school parent engagement activities.
- Date: 16 August 2022
- Time: 05:00 PM
Back to Index
School Title I Goals
Each year, our school conducts a needs assessment, reviews student performance data, and solicits input from various stakeholders in order to develop a meaningful Title I Plan. This plan is data-driven, evidence-based, and responsive to findings from data reviews, needs assessment findings, and stakeholder input. The school comprehensive Title I plan articulates how evidence-based strategies, action steps and milestones will support the goals listed below.
Goals and Strategies 2022-2023Back to Index
Woodrow Wilson is not under any sanction status currently.Back to Index