School Community Councils are elected parent/guardian and employee representatives who work together with the principal to increase student achievement. By law the Council is responsible to review school data and develop plans for school improvement. Councils also allocate the LAND Trust funds to assist the school in reaching achievement goals. Please see the Granite School District web page for more information regarding the roles and responsibilities of Community Councils (www.graniteschools.org).
Here is a great video that briefly explains the process: https://www.graniteschools.org/blog/2016/09/14/what-does-the-school-community-council-do/.
Parents elect parent representatives and employees elect employees for two-year terms. To be eligible, a parent must have a student enrolled in the school for at least one of the years and may not be employed by the school for more than an average of six hours per week per month. Elections are held during Fall Elementary SEP Conferences for William Penn Elementary.
We invite you to become involved in your school’s Community Council by declaring your candidacy.
For more information, please visit www.schoollandtrust.org.
Community Council Members
Meeting Dates & Current Agenda
Meetings are held once a month (on the 4th Tuesday) at 7:30 a.m. in the William Penn Elementary Library.
- Rules of Order and Procedure (click to open pdf)
Meeting Minutes 2019-2020
- William Penn Elementary-Final Land Trust Report 2018-2019
- 1.22.2019 William Penn Community Council
- 2.26.2019 William Penn Community Council
- 3.12.2019 William Penn Community Council
- 4.23.2019 William Penn Community Council
2017 – 2018
- William Penn Elementary-Final Land Trust report 2017-2018
- SCCmeeting 2-27-2018
- SCCMintues 12-12-2017
- SCC Mintues 11-28-2017
- SCC Minutes 10-24-2017
- Penn Community Council 2016-2017
- Penn Final Report 2016-17
- SCC Minutes 3-14-16
- SCC Minutes October 27 2016
- SCC Minutes October 11 2016