“The overall purpose of PTA is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.” ~National PTA
There are numerous benefits to joining the PTA. Listed below are just a few taken straight from the National PTA’s website.
- Get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefit providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Please visit the National PTA website here to learn more about joining the PTA. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please e-mail our PTA President, Cynthia Dwight @ firstname.lastname@example.org