Dear Parents and Care-givers,
We are so excited to welcome everyone back for the start of a new school year. I can scarcely believe that summer is nearing it’s end and school is upon us! We continue to be concerned about the spread of COVID and our beginning of school procedures are changed just a bit as we strive to ensure safety for all.
- We will be positing class lists to the front windows on August 13 at 4PM.
- Students who have attended Elk Run in the past are already registered. Each student will be receiving a packet on the first day of school for parents to complete at home and return to school on Tuesday Aug. 10. This will help us update contact information, etc.
- New students can come to the office between 9 and 2 Monday through Friday to register.
- Kindergarten-aged students should register as soon as possible as they must be tested before they can be assigned to a class. Testing is August 2-4 at Elk Run.
- School starts August 16! We will be in session Monday-Friday and the calendar is on the Granite School District web site. We will have magnets available in the front office soon.
I am confident that there will be guidance from the Salt Lake County Health Department regarding COVID protocols for the school day. We do know that masks will NOT be mandated but they may be encouraged. We encourage you to do what is best for your family. We support and back your decisions regarding the health of your family.
Have a great last 2 weeks of summer, make some memories and don’t forget to read!