What is the Crusader Club?
Salt Lake County Youth Services and Community Education Partnerships of West Valley City have partnered to serve the Kennedy Jr. High students, and encompass a broad range of focus areas including academic support, mentoring, STEM, youth development, arts, and sports and recreation. The activities in which students engage while outside of school hours are critical to their development.
Summer School: Kennedy Jr. High will be hosting a Summer Program through SLCO Youth Services for incoming 8th and 9th graders centered around incomplete subject courses (Math, English, Science, and Social Studies). The Summer Program is design for the purpose of students setting up an appointment Monday through Friday, from 9am – 1pm. The Summer Program will run for 6-weeks starting May 26, 2020 until July 3, 2020.
Parents interested in signing their teen in the Summer Program will do it through the following links:
- English link: https://etoclient536.socialsolutionsportal.com/intake/cc9e011b-35b1-454e-b494-c95d77686594
- Spanish link: https://etoclient536.socialsolutionsportal.com/intake/a46a35d1-7306-4247-8c0e-63bf66b1fbb3
The Afterschool Program will open under strict CDC hygiene protocols. We could use the Library and some large rooms. The Library will be in use, we could only allow 20 kids in the library and two teachers as long they are spread out. The school building only 50 people (including and office folks) in the office at a time.
Staff: All staff will arrive 30 minutes early to have their symptoms checked at the beginning of their shift, with a log kept that
Signing In: Students will be welcomed by staff at the entrance of the door to ask the student’s temperature, sanitize hands, and be provided a mask. If we have a line, students will be 6’ feet apart as they wait their turn. Staff then will assign expectations from the list below.
- Staff and students must wear face coverings during tutoring sessions.
- We can only have 10 kids with one teacher spread out in relocatable room. *
- We will stagger kid’s arrival/departure to allow for proper 6 ft social distancing
- Bathroom breaks, only one student at a time
- Students and Staff maintain a 6-foot distance
- Between periods enough time allowed to sanitize all surfaces between sessions
- Students need to have enough space as they are receiving tutoring about apart 6-10 feet apart
- Team or group activities where students and staff would be coming in close contact with each other are prohibited.
We can only have 10 kids with one teacher spread out in a small room
Return the registration forms by Friday, May 22, 2020
Once a parent registers the student, a staff member will be assigned and he/she will contact the parent or student to set up an appointment for the days the student wants to come in for tutoring.
The Crusader Club application must be done online. Applications for the 2020-2021 school year may be entered on the link below either in Spanish or English. If parents do not have access to a computer, they are welcome arrange with Frank Bedolla for paper registration form.
SIGN UP NOW:
Any questions please contact the Coordinator:
Frank Bedolla 801-618-9861, firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Me login: https://web.groupme.com/settings
Monday – Thursday
|2:45-3:45||Sign in at Homework/Tutoring Lab|
|4:15-5:00||Three Class Options|
|12:30-12:45||Sign in at Homework/Tutoring Lab|