CTE Technology & Engineering Teacher
• Bachelor of Science in Technology and Engineering Teacher Education from Brigham Young University • Secondary Keyboarding Endorsement • Master of Education in Learning and Technology from Western Governors University • Educator since 2007 • Olympus Jr. High since 2022 • This year Ms. Anderson will be teaching College and Career Awareness, Exploring Technology 1 & 2, and Manufacturing Technology. She has also taught Construction Technology, Introduction to Communications Technology, Keyboarding, Creative Coding, CTE Introduction, Project Lead the Way: Gateway to Technology, and Project Lead the Way: Gateway to Engineering to 7th and 8th graders in Granite School District. She is the Technology and Engineering Team Lead for the junior high technology teachers in the district. Ms. Anderson loves technology in its many forms and enjoys introducing students to new experiences using different types of materials, tools, and machines in the shop and computer lab. She enjoys helping students explore the world of work and find something that interests them.
Work Email: INTERNET Website: Website
Mrs. Brown is beginning her 23rd year at Oly Jr. She is excited to be teaching 6th Grade, 7th Gifted and Talented, and the new STEM Concepts course. She earned her degrees from The Evergreen State College in Washington state and is a National Board Certified Teacher. This year marks 25 years at Oly Jr., or half of her life! She has served as a Utah Teacher Fellow, National Geographic Ambassador and President of the Utah Science Teachers Association.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Chico State University
- Kinesiology in Physical Education
- Educator since 2013
- Olympus Jr. High since 2020
- Brief paragraph written in 3rd person about your teaching experience (i.e. subjects you have taught, grade levels, coaching, club advisory roles)
- Mr. Costales and has been teaching Physical Education for the last 9 years. He started as a Junior High student teacher in Chico California and has now worked in Granite School District for the last 8 years. Most of his teaching experience has been in Junior High schools with two years of teaching elementary. Along with Physical Education, he teaches an Advance Fitness class and our school ambassadors. After school he coaches Volleyball and has coached Cross Country and Track in the past.
- University of Utah B.S. in Elementary Education 2007
- Utah State Master of Education 2010
- Gifted/ Talented Endorsement
- Educator since 2007
- Olympus Jr. High since 2020
- Anna Criswell started teaching at Crestview Elementary as a 5th grade teacher in 2007. She then taught 6th grade there, and is now excited to be teaching 6th grade at the junior high level. She has taught all subjects in the past, but English Language Arts is her favorite. She loves to read and recommend books to her students. Ms. Criswell is the Girl’s Soccer coach and is looking forward to a fun year!
- Bachelor of Arts in English Teaching from the University of Utah
- Bachelor of Arts in German from the University of Utah
- Masters of Arts in Teaching from the University of Utah
- Gifted and Talented Endorsement from Southern Utah University
- Educator since 2008
- Olympus Jr. High since 2019
- Mrs. Edwards has taught at Utah high schools and junior highs in various capacities, and has been a literacy tutor for adults. She has also served in the PTSA on local, council, and region boards. Along with teaching teenagers, Mrs. Edwards enjoys reading, traveling, and eating European chocolate.
Elisa (Dani) Eisert
Ms. Eisert, a Baccalaureate graduate from Western Governors University, has been teaching school for 4 years, but has been involved in education for much, much longer. She teaches Science and 6th Grade Success here at Olympus Jr. High. When not at school she enjoys spending her time with her 6 children laughing and playing all sorts of games. She also enjoys crafting, sewing, singing, playing the ukulele, writing, and reading. Her passion is learning, and is excited to help others find joy in learning as well.
- Bachelor of Music in Composition and Education from the University of Utah
- Master of Music in Jazz Studies from the University of Utah
- Educator since 2009
- Olympus Jr. High since 2017
- Mr. Featherstone has taught students from 6-12th grade with subjects including Band, Orchestra, Percussion, Guitar, Choir, and AP Music Theory. Music is his passion so it’s an absolute blast to teach and listen to students make music all day long! In addition to teaching, Mr. Featherstone is a co-director of Granite Jr. Youth Symphony. He is an active percussionist and you just might see him performing somewhere in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree from Sheffield Hallam University in Sports Engineering
- Educator since 2017
- At Olympus Jr since 2017
- Mr. Grahn has taught Math 7 and Math 8 for the past 5 years and is currently teaching his first Secondary 1 class. He has been the boys’ soccer coach for the past 5 years. He has coached the track & field team 2 years and was the MESA advisor for 1 year.
No one knows what he can do until he tries. Publilius Syrus
- B.A in English and B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Georgia (go Bulldogs!)
- M.A. degree in Comparative Literature from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- Educator since 2021
- Olympus Junior High since 2022
- Ms. Higham (pronounced like “High-m”) will be teaching ELA 7 Core and Honors, Reading, and Sixth Grade Success at Olympus Jr. this year. Before she was a teacher, she worked in editorial roles at W.W. Norton and Berghahn Books. Ms. Higham loves helping students to build confidence in their reading and writing, and she’s excited to share the beauty and power of language with her students.
M. EdEnglish & Coding
- Bachelor Degree from Utah State University
- Major: English
- Minor: Psychology
- Master’s Degree from Grand Canyon
- Endorsed in ELL
- Endorsed in Gifted and Talented
- Educator since 1998
- Olympus Junior since 2007
- Mrs. Howard has been a teacher for a long time! She loves teaching at Olympus Junior because the kids here are so great. Mrs. Howard teaches both English and Coding and loves both subjects a lot! If you would like to get Mrs. Howard off topic, ask her to tell you a story. She has plenty . . . everyone is aware why she abhors skittles! Or better yet, ask her to tell you about having a brain tumor...Mrs. Howard has certainly had some stuff. She looks forward to this year and getting to know her students! She “loves you more than her luggage” after all!
Tyler JensenScience, Art, Track & Field
Work Email: INTERNET Website: Track & Field Website: Science Website
- Bachelor from Westminster College - Fine Arts/ Business / Biology
- Masters in Teaching from Westminster College
- Educator since 2009
- Olympus Jr. High since 2013
- Mr. Jensen has a diverse background of experiences and always had a talent for training and teaching. Two years as a leader in a wilderness therapy program Mr. Jensen decided to develop his skills in public education. Mr. Jensen has taught a myriad of courses in art and science as well as an athletic coach in cross country and track and field. Mr. Jensen enjoys challenging his physical and educational limits, learning new concepts and ideas, and having a good laugh.
- Bachelor's Degree- General Science/Secondary Education Marywood University
- Educator since 2009
- Olympus Jr. High since 2017
- She has taught in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Utah. She has taught Chemistry, physical science and 6th, 7th and 8th grade science.
- Bachelor Degree from Brigham Young University (music major)
- Bachelor Degree from Indiana Purdue at Fort Wayne (Spanish)
- Master’s Degree from Indiana Purdue at Fort Wayne (secondary education)
- Educator since 2004
- Olympus Jr. High since 2009
- This is Mr. McCullough’s 18th year teaching Spanish, and 7th year teaching Keyboarding. He has taught Spanish levels 1-3 at the high school and junior high levels.
I have been teaching Health, PE, Circuit Training, Study Skills, and Math for 20 years. I have a Masters Degree in Secondary Education, Bachelors in Exercise and Sport Science, and Minors in Math, Educational Technology, and Health. I am very enthusiastic, passionate, and dedicated to helping others achieve their optimal level of overall health. I also teach Health online during the school year and in the summer. In my spare time, I run marathons, lift weights, do yard work, read, cook, compete in triathlons, and train clients for fitness and nutritional goals. I am a person of my word and believe in hard work, perseverance, and dedication. I also love life. I have two wonderful children who are everything to me and continually show me how to enjoy every moment given.
Library Media Educational Technology Specialist
Work Phone: 385-646-3608work Work Email: INTERNET Website: Library Website
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Utah in Chemistry with a Biology emphasis.
- Masters of Library Science from Texas Woman’s University.
- Educator since 2009.
- Olympus Jr. High since 2009.
- Ms. Moody is a National Board Certified Teacher. She has taught science and is the advisor for the Future City club. She is a past-president of UELMA (Utah Educational Library Media Association). In Ms. Moody's spare time she reviews children’s and young adult books for School Library Journal, Disney Hyperion, Granite Media, and “Kiss The Book”. She also enjoys hiking, Spinning, reading, and just about anything outdoors.
Work Email: INTERNET Website: Mr. Rossi’s Website Website: Canvas
Steve Rossi has worked in a variety of schools across the Granite School District. He has a Bachelor’s in Mathematics and a Master’s in Educational Technology, both from the University of Utah. He teaches Digital Literacy, Creative Coding and Python, and is also in charge of the Tech Crew that runs the morning announcements.
I love being a teacher and student! I have a BS in United States history, with a minor in Spanish from California State University, Chico and another BS in Special education from Utah State University. I just finished my Family & Consumer Science endorsement, and really enjoyed teaching College & Career Awareness last year. To satisfy my creative needs, I love to costume for Oly Jr musicals.
Nicole Stansbury earned her BA in English and MFA in fiction writing from the University of Utah. A published writer of two books, Ms. Stansbury enjoys reading, writing, teaching, riding horses, and hanging out with her two sons and dogs.
- Western Governors University B.A. In Mathematics Education
- Educator Since 2020
- At OJH Since 2020
- Mrs. Taylor loves to teach math, but she also has a passion for music and playing the guitar, enjoys being out in nature, has fun canning salsa from her own garden and loves spending most of her extra time with her husband and kids.
- Southern Utah University B.S in Secondary Dance Education and Performance
- Educator since 2003
- Olympus Jr. High since 2021
- Previous teaching experience includes: two years as an adjunct faculty member at Utah Valley University’s Dance Department and 15 years at Juan Diego Catholic High School. Mrs. Thompson comes from a family of dancers. Her mom taught dance at Kearns High School for 27 years and her twin sister is currently the dance teacher at East High School. Mrs. Thompson loves being the mom of two amazing sons, who definitely keep her on her toes! In her spare time she enjoys reading, exercising, hiking, and dancing around her house. She truly enjoys teaching dance and is proud to say that she loves her job.
Zeke TotlandEnglish, Drama, & Yearbook
Zeke Totland is a teacher of 24 years in both private and public education. He has worked in private schools in both Utah and California. Zeke has acted in over 50 stage roles and directed 30 productions in his career. He is passionate about the world of theatre and loves sharing his experiences with his students. Zeke graduated from the University of Utah and has since earned a Master of Education at Southern Utah University. He also has created 12 yearbooks with his students as the Yearbook Advisor, and is in his 5th year as Olympus Jr. High’s Alternative Language Program lead, working with the many Multi-Lingual Learners at the school. He was a finalist for the “Disney Teacher of Year Award in 2006” and has been honored twice with “Who’s Who Among America’s Teacher” awards. When not on the stage you’ll find Zeke on the hard courts competing in national tennis events throughout the country. He loves to spend time with his Brazilian wife, Ana an four kids on the beaches of Cabo Frio, Brazil every summer.
- Bachelors: Westminster College dual Major in Elementary Education and English
- Masters: SUU Masters in Education with an emphasis in Elementary Mathematics
- Endorsements: Gifted & Talented, ELL, Elementary Mathematics
- Educator since 1991
- Olympus Junior since 2020
- Mrs. Varoz started teaching in Granite District 30 years ago. The has taught 3rd through 6th grade as well as serving as the GSD 5th-6th grade math specialist for 9 years. This will be her second year teaching 6th grade math at OJH. Mrs. Varoz has won the Excel Award and the UCTM Karl Jones Award for Excellence. She loves teaching math and helping students find strategies to be successful mathematicians.
I've been teaching for the past 22 years in the Granite District. I've taught Earth Science as well as 7th and 8th grade integrated science. Education includes a Bachelor in Biology from University of Utah, and Education at Westminster and a Masters in Chemistry from University of Utah. Currently have an endorsement for ESL, REACH, Gifted and Talented.
Clinton Whiting was born in Salt Lake City Utah 1979. He received his bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from the University of Utah, and a Masters of Fine Arts from the Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma, in Rome Italy, 2012. Recent exhibits include Abiding Embrace, Rome Italy (2019), 95th Annual Spring Salon, Springville Utah (2021), Art in the home, Utah Arts and Museums Rio Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT (2018), Handed and Altered, New York City, (2018) Works on Paper curated by Jane Panetta, LBIF, NJ (2017) Clinton Whiting's paintings, drawings, and sculptural works represent and describe the intangible connection that people share between one another.
Madame Wright grew up in Atlanta, GA and has a BS in Psychology from BYU. She lived in France and fell in love with the French language and all things French. She continued her French studies at the University of Utah, and worked as a French translator for the France NOC during the 2002 Winter Olympics here in Salt Lake and then also at OC Tanner for a few years. She has been teaching French at Olympus Junior for 6 years and has been able to teach all three of her children along with their friends. She enjoys Swig, walking her dog, cooking, reading and attending her kids' games. She is an avid baseball fan!
You must be logged in to post a comment.