- Bachelor of Music in Composition and Education from the University of Utah
- Master of Music in Jazz Studies from the University of Utah
- Educator since 2009
- Olympus Jr. High since 2017
- Mr. Featherstone has taught students from 6-12th grade with subjects including Band, Orchestra, Percussion, Guitar, Choir, and AP Music Theory. Music is his passion so it’s an absolute blast to teach and listen to students make music all day long! In addition to teaching, Mr. Featherstone is a co-director of Granite Jr. Youth Symphony. He is an active percussionist and you just might see him performing somewhere in the community.
- Southern Utah University B.S in Secondary Dance Education and Performance
- Educator since 2003
- Olympus Jr. High since 2021
- Previous teaching experience includes: two years as an adjunct faculty member at Utah Valley University’s Dance Department and 15 years at Juan Diego Catholic High School. Mrs. Thompson comes from a family of dancers. Her mom taught dance at Kearns High School for 27 years and her twin sister is currently the dance teacher at East High School. Mrs. Thompson loves being the mom of two amazing sons, who definitely keep her on her toes! In her spare time she enjoys reading, exercising, hiking, and dancing around her house. She truly enjoys teaching dance and is proud to say that she loves her job.
Zeke TotlandEnglish, Drama, & Yearbook
Zeke Totland is a teacher of 24 years in both private and public education. He has worked in private schools in both Utah and California. Zeke has acted in over 50 stage roles and directed 30 productions in his career. He is passionate about the world of theatre and loves sharing his experiences with his students. Zeke graduated from the University of Utah and has since earned a Master of Education at Southern Utah University. He also has created 12 yearbooks with his students as the Yearbook Advisor, and is in his 5th year as Olympus Jr. High’s Alternative Language Program lead, working with the many Multi-Lingual Learners at the school. He was a finalist for the “Disney Teacher of Year Award in 2006” and has been honored twice with “Who’s Who Among America’s Teacher” awards. When not on the stage you’ll find Zeke on the hard courts competing in national tennis events throughout the country. He loves to spend time with his Brazilian wife, Ana an four kids on the beaches of Cabo Frio, Brazil every summer.
Clinton Whiting was born in Salt Lake City Utah 1979. He received his bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from the University of Utah, and a Masters of Fine Arts from the Accademia di Belle Arti di Roma, in Rome Italy, 2012. Recent exhibits include Abiding Embrace, Rome Italy (2019), 95th Annual Spring Salon, Springville Utah (2021), Art in the home, Utah Arts and Museums Rio Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT (2018), Handed and Altered, New York City, (2018) Works on Paper curated by Jane Panetta, LBIF, NJ (2017) Clinton Whiting's paintings, drawings, and sculptural works represent and describe the intangible connection that people share between one another.