Welcome to our schools Community Council. Our purpose is to address the academic needs of students at the local level by evaluating and providing opportunities and programs for their benefit.
Meeting Schedule and Agenda
Community members are invited to attend council meetings, but do not hold influence over council discussion points or decisions. If you have a concern for your Community Council, please reach out before-hand to one of the council members.
- Location: Room 315
- Time: 3:15 PM
- Next Agenda: Review the agenda for our upcoming meeting.
- Schedule: 2nd Thursday from October - May
- Meeting Dates:
Council Members are chosen by election and are a mixture of school staff and community members. Candidacy and election procedures begin before each school year.
Invitation to serve on the council: We warmly invite parents to serve on our school's community council. Information about council vacancies, declarations of candidacy forms, and elections are emailed sent out in August of each year.
Contact information for council members can be requested by contacting the School's Principal.
You can also send a message to any council member in care of a message sent to the School's Principal.
Contact Council Member
Serving on the Community Council allows parents to directly influence the way LAND Trust funds are used during the school year, which can include programs, materials, and other education-based solutions.
Please visit this LAND Trust Public Report page to see the dollar amount our school receives each year from the School LAND Trust program, our school's final reports from the last two years, and a copy of our school's current LAND Trust plan.
The actual, current, and expected funding history for each school can be found online using the LAND Trust Funding Report.
- This year does not have an associated School Plan or Final Report.
- Funds received: No reported funds. Please check the LAND Trust Funding Report.
- Funds used for: No reported fund usage for this school year.
- School Plan / Final Report
- Funds received: $106,292.00
- Funds used for: The school spent $95,566 to cover the same expenses as the year before: Teacher work time/stipends, 0.5 FTE teacher, Shmoop licenses, curriclum night, tutoring, library books, reduction of class sizes
- School Plan / Final Report
- Funds received: $106,100.00
- Funds used for: Costs to implement the Action Steps were anticipated to be roughly $106,100 to cover stipends, extra periods, tutoring, and the related employee costs. $5,000 was set aside for the library.
These are additional resources that explain more about Community Council.
- Rules of Order and Procedure
- School Community Council Handbook
- Teacher and Student Success Plan / Continual Improvement Plan
Voting is not in progress at this time.
- Candidacy declaration opens: 05/18/2022 at 1:00 AM
- Candidacy declaration closes: 06/02/2022 at 3:00 PM
Olympus Jr High announces four parent openings for the 2022-2023 school year. Declarations of candidacy are due June 2, 2022 by 3 pm to the principal's office. Elections will be held in August.
Please note that one opening this year is for a one-year term.
School Community Councils are elected parent/guardian and employee representatives who work together with the principal to increase student achievement. By law, the Council is responsible to review school data and develop plans for school improvement. Councils also allocate the LAND Trust funds to assist the school in reaching achievement goals. Please visit the Granite School District's Community Council page for more information regarding the roles and responsibilities of Community Councils.
Parents elect parent representatives and employees elect employees for two-year terms. To be eligible, a parent must have a student enrolled in the school for at least one of the years and may not be a contract employee at the school. We invite you to become involved in your school’s Community Council by declaring your candidacy.
We only keep minutes for the current school year and the previous 3 school years. If you need older minutes, please reach out to a council member, and we'll do our best to accommodate you.