- Bachelor of Science with a major in History and a Social Studies Composite from Utah Valley University.
- Has been an educator since 2020
- Has been at Olympus Jr. High since 2021
- Mr. Combe has been working with teenagers since 2013, in various roles: He has worked as life skills coach and trainer for teenagers making the transition from students into adulthood and the workforce. He spent 2020 teaching 9th grade in Utah County. He taught World Geography and World Civilizations in both core and honors classes. He has been involved with cycling and mountain bike clubs and teams around Utah valley, until starting at Olympus Jr. High. He has been coaching students at skateparks, mostly on BMX bikes, since his teenage years.
Cindy FultonSocial Studies & Student Goverment
- Ms. Fulton has a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Utah – History Teaching Major
- She is currently working on earning her Master’s Degree from SUU
- She has been an educator since 2009
- She has been teaching at Olympus Junior High since 2009
- She has taught US History, Utah Studies, Geography, Keyboarding, and Student Government. She currently teaches US History and Student Government.
- She has earned endorsements in Geography and Keyboarding
Utah State University Bachelor’s Degree Major in History, Minor in Anthropology. Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Education, same minor as above. Educator Since: 2020 Olympus Jr. High Since: 2020 Mr. Ray started his teaching career after spending 20 years in the United States Navy and retiring. After retirement he decided to go back to school and work towards a degree in history at Utah State University (USU). After graduating with a bachelor’s degree in history he decided he would really like to teach this subject, so the following spring, he enrolled in the secondary education program at USU and received his secondary education degree in the Spring of 2020. Mr. Ray was hired on for the 2020/2021 school year at Olympus Junior High School and taught Utah Studies (7th grade) and U.S. History (8th grade). In the coming year he will be teaching a 6th Grade Success Class, Utah Studies (7th grade), and 20th Century History (7th and 8th grade). He is looking forward to being a member of the Granite School District and Olympus Junior High School for years to come.
Teacher-6th Grade World HistorySocial Studies
Welcome 6th graders! My name is Denise Shuman and I am a former teacher at Crestview Elementary. I have been teaching 6th graders for 22 years because they are THE BEST! This is my first year at Olympus Junior High, just like you! I am originally from Palos Verdes, California. I live here with my husband and son, and a very large orange cat named Della. When I'm not teaching, you can find me skiing in the great mountains of Utah or relaxing on the beaches of California. I love spending time with my family and friends, cooking for those I love, and traveling when I can. I look forward to getting to know you this year!