The Student Behavior Contract is required. Remember to submit before proceeding to the next page.
The student, parent, and administration agree to the following conditions affecting the student’s academic performance, citizenship performance, and behavior while at Granite Park Junior.
- The student will do his/her best to pass all classes at Granite Park Junior.
- The student will maintain a minimum of a 2.0 G.P.A.
- The student will go to class prepared. This includes bringing all materials and assignments.
- The student will use his/her time in class effectively. This includes participation and the completion of class work.
- The student will attend after school tutoring if she/he is academically behind in school.
- The student will go to class on time. The student will have no unexcused tardies.
- The student will go to every class. All absences must be excused within two days. Sluffing will not be tolerated.
- The student will have no zeros (0) in citizenship.
- The student will show respect in class. This means all classroom rules must be followed. The teacher will be treated as the authority figure in the classroom. If there are concerns, the student or parent will contact the administration.
- The student will show respect in the school. This includes no disrespectful language or insults towards students or staff, no horseplay in the halls, spreading rumors, or other actions which show disrespect to any person or property.
- Fighting, threat of fighting, and sexual harassment will not be tolerated.
- The use of tobacco, drugs, or alcohol will not be tolerated.
- Safe school violations will not be tolerated.
- The school dress code will be followed.
Failure to follow these conditions may result in the student’s referral to an alternative program, an altered schedule, or disciplinary action, including after school detention, lunch detention, in school suspension, out of school suspension, or school service. In all cases we will attempt to notify parents. We offer an after school bus and may detain students after school when parents are unable to be reached.
All students are required to agree to this contract as part of the registration process. Parents who have concerns with any of this contract may schedule an appointment to discuss the contract with administration.