ONLY New students to the district and school must meet in person with an administrator and bring required documents. Administrators will not available in person on August 4.
Prior to try outs students must go to Register my athlete to register. It must be in progress or completed before coming to any fall sports tryouts. If you are going to try out for Volleyball, boys golf, or cross country this must be completed first. Find more information on the Athletics page or contact coaches with any questions.
Reminder that Volleyball tryouts begin at Bennion Junior High school gym on August 2 from 8:00 am -10:00 am. August 3rd from 7:00 am – 8:30 am.
Monday, August 2,2021 from 8am-10:30am @ Bennion Junior High School. Contact Spence McDonald for information.
Boy’s Golf Try-outs are Friday morning August 30, Fore lakes Golf course @ 8:00 a.m.
Anyone interested in playing see coach Hymas room H 102 or leave a message/phone number in the front office.
If you need to contact your counselor for the upcoming school year, they will be in their office available for parents and students beginning August 4th until the first day of school, August 16th.
Once school starts, there will not be any schedule changes until students have attended two days of each class.
The class schedule change form will open Thursday August 19th at 2:30 pm and close August 20th at 2:30 pm. Non-essential schedule changes will NOT be accepted after that time.
Please schedule appointments with your counselor via email if you have an urgent request.
Beginning the 2021-2022 school year, online learning options will be centralized into two platforms: one for K-8 students, and one for 9-12 students. While evidence shows that face-to-face learning is best for most students, families should meet with their school administrator or counselor to carefully consider options and choose the right fit for their student.
For more information, please contact your principal or student’s school counselor. Formal registration will begin late July/early August.
- Classes take place in real-time during the school day (synchronous). Lessons are presented live, and students must log in every school day as if they were attending an in-person class.
- Core courses that meet all academic requirements are provided, along with a selection of elective courses. Honors and specialty courses are not available.
- Students are assigned to Granite Online teachers and staff.
- 9-12 classes MAY be taught by teachers at the boundary school.
- Students in grades 9-12 may enroll full or part-time and may also enroll in Online Self-Paced courses.
The Self-Paced option is available for students in grades 9-12. These are independent online courses with access to teachers for questions via email as needed. Granite Online Self-Paced offers a variety of elective courses and some (but not all) core classes.
- Part-time enrollment; most students take classes on top of a full face-to-face schedule.
- Students work independently on coursework (asynchronous) and may get assistance from a Granite Online teacher via email.
- Flexible enrollment and completion dates during the school year and summer.
There are three new counselors coming to Taylorsville and the counselors have new alphabet assignments. The counselors are looking forward to meeting you in August! The Counseling Center Staff assist with student and parent needs. You are welcome to come into the Counseling Center anytime during school hours. The best way to contact your counselor is via email.