2022-23 Sterling Scholars
- Tammy Phung, Business & Marketing
- Johnny Giang, Computer Technology
- Gracie Hirschi, Dance
- Maelynn Torres, English
- Shaelyn Openshaw, Family & Consumer Sciences
- Marisol Santiago, Instrumental Music
- Dillon Nguyen, Mathematics
- Bella Panoussi, Science
- Katie Mills, Skilled & Technical Sciences
- Baylee Henson, Social Science
- Clara Pitts, Speech/Theatre/Forensics
- Aftin Spencer, Visual Arts
- Abbie Walker, Vocal Performance
- Maryn Seaman, World Languages
Taylorsville High School selects 14 students to represent the school each year in pursuit of the Sterling Scholar award. The purpose of the Sterling Scholar Awards is to publicly recognize and encourage the pursuit of excellence in scholarship, leadership, and citizenship of high school students in the state of Utah.
Each school may nominate one student in each of the following 14 categories to participate in the regional competition:
- Social Science
- World Languages
- Computer Technology
- Skilled and Technical Sciences Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Business and Marketing
- Speech/Theatre Arts/Forensics
- Vocal Performance
- Visual Arts
- Instrumental Music
Once selected by the school the nominee from the school for each category will be required to submit a portfolio.
Judging will be based on portfolios, exhibits, and personal interviews that demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
scholarship, category scholarship, leadership, community service/citizenship, and the interview.
For additional information and details regarding the categories and the selection process, see the Sterling Scholar Website.
A Taylorsville student who is a senior can apply to be the Sterling Scholar nominee in up to three categories for which they are qualified; however, a student will only be selected to represent in one category. To be considered in any category students must:
- Complete the Application Form
- Your completed applications will be given to the appropriate departments, and each department will review the application and any additional requirements to select the Sterling Scholar for their category.
Please contact Mrs. Wynder if you have additional questions regarding the Sterling Scholars program.
Ms. Wynder, Room I 202
You must be logged in to post a comment.