— Gioo (@JobanyQuiterio) May 19, 2018
All Student Body Officers are Required to be incoming seniors and are elected by the students and faculty of Taylorsville High School. Officers will be determined by primary and final elections. Final Elections will use the “Grassroots” process. Candidates must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.0 cumulative CPA. To ensure eligibility in these areas your grade will be checked before election. Eligibility will be based on your transcripts at the time of declaration.
If elected as an SBO you will be required to:
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA and 3.0 CPA, no “F” or “I” grades
- Attend summer training
- Attend and work ALL school decorating days
- Attend weekly student activities
- Pay for any optional retreats
- Follow an honor code
Taylorsville High School final elections are based on a “Grassroots” approach. Candidates will be broken down into groups based on the office they are trying to obtain and visit classrooms to answer questions from the student body and faculty. Candidates are required to participate in Grassroots and will be missing classes those two days.
As an officer you will be a representative of Taylorsville at ALL times. You are expected to behave in a way that will always shed a positive light on the officers and the school no matter where, no matter when. Violations of this rule may result in removal from office. In addition, you are required to:
- Be in charge of planning and executing student activities.
- Be present supporting all lunchtime activities and helping out in any way.
- Attend at least two Taylorsville sanctioned events every week.
- Activities such as stomps and dances are at night, you are to be there and to stay and clean up.
- Attend frequent meetings with and without advisor.
- Be up-to-date on everything THS related, people will be inquiring about things at school.
- Ask others what you can do and always follow through no matter how big or small the item.
- Help even if not asked, you are a leader you should not need to be asked to help.
- Get close as SBOs, you don’t have to like each other but you must learn to work together in order to run things more easily.
- Have fun, the more you give the more you will receive.
Student Body Officers
- Service Projects
- keeps constitution up to date
- assists with school events