Scholarships can help students pay for education after high school. The information on this page does not include all of the scholarship options available, but should guide you on how to begin your scholarship search.
College Access Advisor
The College Access Advisor guides 12th grade students through college entrance exam preparation, admissions procedures, and the financial aid processes to ensure that all Utah students have access to higher and post-secondary education opportunities at the state’s colleges, universities, and technical institutions.
College Access Advisor
Scholarships sponsored by a college or university
- Select the school you wish to attend.
- Fill out an Admission and Scholarship Application online at the school website or pick up an application form from your counselor or the Career Center. Look for academic, departmental, leadership, minority and performing arts scholarships.
- For out of state schools, search their school website or write directly to the school for applications. Help is available in the Taylorsville Career Center.
Scholarship Search Websites
This list does not include all of the available options online.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Granite Education Foundation
- Opportunity Scholarship (This is replacing the Regents’ Scholarship)
Transcripts can be ordered/requested to submit with scholarship and college/university admission applications. There are two types of transcripts: official and unofficial. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the school (Taylorsville High School) to the institution for application purposes. Unofficial transcripts appear the same as the official transcripts, but are usually intended for personal use. Unofficial transcripts can be picked up from schools counselors at anytime. Official transcripts are ordered/requested via Parchment.
Official transcripts can be ordered/requested for free until May 19, 2023.
Request Letters of Recommendation
Many scholarship applications require a letter of recommendation. Complete the Letter of Recommendation Form and give it to the person whom you would like to write your letter of recommendation. Be sure to give this person plenty of time to complete it.
Report Senior Scholarships
Seniors, we want to celebrate you and all the scholarships you are earning. Please fill out the Scholarship Reporting Form for each scholarship you have been awarded. (Even if it’s a small amount or automatic with your acceptance to your college). This information will also be posted in our graduation program. Keep up the good work!