- Students will be given 10 tardies per quarter before fines begin to accrue.
- Each tardy over 10 will cost $ 1.
- Each unexcused absence will cost $5
- Truancy tickets will cost $5
- 15 minutes after a class starts, students found without a hall pass/note are assumed truant and will be assessed a $5 truancy ticket.
- Parents will have 5 school days to excuse an absence or tardy. Parents may excuse 7 absences per school year. After 7 parental excusals, a doctors note will be required.
- Only phone calls or notes are accepted methods of excusing an absence or tardy. Emails are not accepted. Please call 385-646-6370 to excuse an absence.
Attendance Remediation Plan
Lancers! We have come up with our plan to help students to remediate their attendance fines. Generally, there are 3 ways:
- Go to the lecture hall every day after school (Monday through Thursday). You must stay a total of 90 minutes to make up for any unexcused absence. You can with stay a full 90 minutes each time or increments of 30 minutes each time to get to 90 minutes. Each 90 minutes you stay can also remediate the fine for 5 tardies. Basically, your 90 minute stay is worth $5. Anyone who comes to the lecture hall must have something to do: read a book, do homework, or work on packets. No sleeping and no playing on your phones. Anyone with nothing to do will be politely excused and invited back when they have something to do.
- If you have perfect attendance from day one of the 2nd quarter until midterm, we will forgive 1/2 of the fines you earned in quarter 1. If you are perfect the second half of the second quarter, we will forgive another half of the fines you accrued the first quarter. Basically you show us that you learned how to go to class on time every period of every day and your fines disappear. Come see us with any questions.
- Pay the fine. This can be done at the book-keeper’s window. You will receive a receipt when the fine is paid. Fines that are not cleared will remain part of the student’s account until it has been taken care of.