We are very excited to welcome the Oakwood Family to our annual Spooky Fall Parade on Tuesday, October 31st starting at 9:30am. The parade will be held outside. Students will walk around the building and guests can view the parade from the comfort of their lawn chair (see map on back).
If weather conditions do not permit a safe activity outside for our students, parents/guests will be notified of the canceling of the parade via the school’s social media and Class Dojo.
To help ensure a fun and safe learning experience for our students, we ask for the following:
– Students are allowed to wear a school appropriate festive costume on this day.
– Any objects that resemble weapons are to remain home.
– If your costume has a mask, it may be worn during the parade only.
– We wish for your costume to remain intact for the evening’s celebrations, so please leave breakable items at home.
– If guests choose to park on campus, they are asked to park only in the front parking lot in designated stalls. Faculty lot, bus zones, and drop off/pick up zones are off limits due to fire code restrictions.
– When the parking lot is full, guests are to park south of the school in the church parking lot or other designated parking areas. Please remember to be courtesy to our Oakwood neighbors and give yourself extra time that morning to arrive. We anticipate a large crowd.
– Guests may bring a lawn chair if desired. No chairs will be provided by the school.
– Guests are asked to remain on the grass areas and blacktop of the school’s campus to allow the students and faculty to walk on the sidewalk. Please be respectful to your fellow Oakwood guests.
– Please refer to the attached map for the parade route and designated seating areas.
– Parents helping in the classrooms after the parade are asked to remain out of the school building till the conclusion of the parade. The classroom teachers will be giving the main office a list of approved classroom volunteers and we will check you in through the main doors following the parade.