Now enrolling for the 2024-25 school year
If you have a child who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2024, please visit the school’s main office during normal business hours to register.
Monday – Thursday
8:45am – 4:00pm
Friday / Early Out Days
8:45am – 3:30pm
We will need the following items to enroll a new student:
- Registration form (provided in the school’s main office)
- Birth Certificate
- Up to Date Immunizations or an exemption form from the Utah State Health Department
- Proof of residency for in boundary students (i.e. utility bill or cell phone bill with name of guardian and address listed)
- Open Enrollment application for students who are outside Oakwood’s boundaries
Next steps for new kindergarten students and their loved ones
- Plan to attend Kindergarten Orientation (student and at least one parent) on Friday, May 10th at 12:30pm where we will discuss options for all-day and half-day kindergarten classes, sign up for KEEP Testing, what to expect as a parent of a kindergarten student, meet our amazing teachers, and answer questions.
- KEEP Testing will take place in August 2024. These testing dates are determined by the Granite School District and the tests will only be administered during those set dates. If a student is unable to take the test on these dates, then when the student arrives to school they will be administered the test. Students who are not tested during those dates will be placed in a class where space is available. Please keep these dates in mind as you plan your summer vacations.
- Students are placed into a kindergarten class based on current learning levels (KEEP Test) and preference you selected at either Kindergarten Orientation or when you registered. Families will be notified of who their teacher is via email the week before school starts.
- Plan to attend the Kindergarten Meet Your Teacher Open House in August prior to school starting. Enter through the front playground gate.