Please also know that our School Psychologist and School Social Worker are available to talk to any student/parent.
Liz Popescue – School Psychologist
Katie Martinez, LCSW – School Social Worker
If you have an urgent matter and need to speak with someone day or night, you can call Safe UT at 833-372-3388 or use their online chat 24/7 to speak with a licensed clinician. They can provide supportive or crisis counseling, suicide prevention, and referral services to youth throughout Utah. If you don’t already have the Safe UT App, download it now by clicking the image below.
Additional Local Supports
Utah Crisis Line
Text: START to 741-741
Mental Health & Self-care
What can I do?
- Minimize consumption of information. Access information from credible outlets (CDC, Health Departments).
- Make time to do things that make you and your family feel better in stressful situations
- Recognize that feeling stress, fear, loneliness, boredom, anxiety are all normal reactions to stressful situations such as disease outbreak.
- Keep daily routines such as meals and bedtime.
- Deep Breathing – includes meditation and other mindfulness activities
- Physical Activity – walking, biking, yoga
- Socialize – video calls, voice calls, social media chats, text
- Acts of Kindness
- Be creative – art, dance, music
The mission of the Taylorsville High School Counseling Department is to help all Taylorsville students graduate from high school prepared for college, career, and life in the 21st century. We are committed to helping ALL students prepare for their next step.
Make Up CCRP Meetings
All students are invited to meet with their counselor to talk about graduation and college/career plans. Parents are encouraged to attend with their student. Parents can schedule an appointment today by going to the online scheduler.
College Resources for Undocumented Students
Yes, you can go to college!
Dream Center at Salt Lake Community College
West Valley Center – Room 130
3460 S. 5600 W.
West Valley City, UT 84128
Dream Center at University of Utah
1901 E. South Campus Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84112801-213-36