Ms. Sarah Barker
Mrs. Kristen Billeter
- Bachelor of Science from Brigham Young University, 2005. Major: Biology Composite Teaching
- Churchill Jr. from 2006-2009
- Evergreen Jr. in 2021-2022
- Churchill Jr (again, yay!) from 2022
- Enjoys skiing, paddleboarding, swimming and spending time outdoors with her family.
- Mrs. Billeter began her teaching career here at Churchill in 2006. She taught 7th grade Science and Biology for three years before taking time off to stay home with her 4 beautiful daughters. During that time she helped coordinate Science events at local elementary schools and served as a member of the Board of Trustees at Canyon Rim Academy, an elementary charter school in Salt Lake City. In 2021, she was persuaded to return to the classroom at Evergreen Jr., teaching 7th grade Science. In 2022, Mrs. Billeter was delighted at the chance to return to Churchill, this time teaching 6th grade Science.
Art TeacherFine Arts
Madame Helene Cha-Philippe
French Dual Immersion Teacher
- Bachelor in Law (Nancy University, France).
- Master in European Law (Nancy University, University College Dublin).
- Master of Science in Teaching (Grenoble University, France).
- Degree in Teaching French as a Foreign Language (DU FLE, Grenoble University, France).
- Educator since 2007
- Churchill Jr. High School since 2015
- Mrs. Cha-Philippe began her career as an elementary teacher in Ardèche, France. She then joined the dual immersion program at Morningside Elementary, Salt Lake City. She taught French to Junior High students at Madeleine Choir School, Salt Lake City, before joining Churchill Jr. High School.
Ms. Candice Christensen
Dance / Health
- Started at Churchill in 2010
- Ms. Christensen began her love for dance at age 5, and the love only grew from there. She continued developing her skills as a cheerleader and ballroom dance team member at Churchill and onto Skyline High School. After graduation Candice assisted for the last 12 years in all aspects of Churchill's dance program including: choreography, teaching, productions, lighting, costuming, music and backstage management.
- Ms. Christensen is so excited to be the new director of Churchill's dance program and looks forward to helping students have an outstanding dance experience!
Mrs.. Marleni Colvin
Mr. Jaden Ford
6th Grade English TeacherEnglish
Mr. Danny Keetch
Drama TeacherFine Arts
Ms. Abigail Lathem
- BS from USU in 2001 in Secondary Ed.
- MS from U of U in 2008 in Health Ed. and Promotion
- Began teaching at Churchill in 2022
- I started teaching in 2001. I taught 10 yrs. in residential treatment, and 10 years in at a service learning charter school called Entheos Academy.
Mr. Brian LeStarge
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education, BYU 1997
- Masters of Educational Leadership, University of Utah 2006
- National Board Certified Teacher of Mathematics 2004
- Churchill Jr High 2022!
- Mrs. Miller taught math at Mountain Ridge Jr High School in Alpine School District for many years. She really loves helping students learn and is excited to be at Churchill!
Mrs. Laurie Pope
- 7th Grade Science Teacher
- Education: BS Biology Education BYU 2002
- Currently pursuing MS Earth Science
- Endorsements: Biology, Middle School Science, Gifted and Talented
- Mrs. Pope has taught Biology, Earth Systems, 7th and 8th grade science
- Current Track Coach for Churchill
- Enjoys half marathons, when trained, collecting race medals, Diet Coke, and competing in chalk art competitions.
- Bachelor of Arts, French Major, English Minor from Brigham Young University, 1989
- Master of Science - Curriculum and Instruction from Western Governors University, 2016
- Ms. Randall began her teaching career at BYU as a Live Lab instructor for French 101 classes under the supervision of Mme Chantal Thompson. She then took a very long break to raise her children, volunteer in their classes for the Art program, serve on the South Jordan Arts Council and work for various computer companies before realizing she really wanted to return to teaching.
- She taught French levels 1-AP and 10th grade Language Arts at Bingham High School from 2012-2021 while her children finished their schooling there.
- In 2021, she was thrilled to join the Churchill team as the French DLI/CHM teacher for 7th-8th graders.
- She loves hiking, walking by the Jordan River, reading, cooking, kayaking and ballroom dancing.
Mrs. Kimberly Reale
Home Economics Teacher
- University of Utah Degree: Fashion Merchandising.
- Alternative Route Licensing BOCES Colorado.
- Teaching 12 years High School and Junior High in Colorado and Utah.
- Churchill Jr. High 3 years.
- Mrs. Reale began her teaching career at Murray High School as a paraprofessional for the start up of an Alternative Program. She then moved to Colorado and taught at Smoky Hill High School and Eagle Valley High School, taught ProStart, a culinary and hospitality program for three years, and took students to participate as a team in State Culinary Competitions.
Mrs. Amy Stephenson
6th Grade Math TeacherMath
Mrs. Jill Sundberg
Math 3 Teacher
- Bachelor of Science from Utah State University, 2008; Major: Mathematics/Statistics Composite
- ELL Endorsed
- Educator since 2008
- Churchill Junior High Since 2015
- Mrs. Sundberg has been with Granite School District since the beginning of her career. She began teaching at Hunter Junior High in West Valley, Utah. She made the switch to Churchill Junior in 2015. She has taught the 7th, 8th and 9th grade math curriculum throughout her career. She has been available during her after school homework clubs to help students one-on-one with their math questions.
Mrs. Diane Taylor
Instrumental Music Teacher
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Education from the University of Utah, 2007
- Educator since 2007
- Churchill Jr. High School since 2015
- Diane Taylor began her career teaching elementary music in Granite School District. She taught 4th – 6th grade band and general music for 6 years. She then taught orchestra and choir at Mt. Ogden Junior high for 2 years before coming here to Churchill Jr. High. At Churchill, Diane teaches band, orchestra, choir and general music. Outside of school, Diane is the assistant director for Murray Concert Band and has played trombone with that group since 2001. She also plays with a Dixieland group called Salt City Saints.
Mrs. Mary Anne Wiebe-Strong
Library Technology Coach
Mr. Christopher Winn
CTE / Computer Tech / Keyboarding
- Bachelor of Science from Utah State University, 1993; Major-Accounting
- Master of Arts from Pepperdine University, Instructional Technology
- Churchill Jr. High School since 2010
- Mr. Winn began his career at Syracuse Jr. High school. During his time there, he taught computers and college and career classes. In 2000, Mr Winn moved schools in the Davis School District where he began teaching at the Davis Applied Tech Center. While at the DATC, he taught computer tech classes. Mr. Winn began teaching at Churchill in 2010. He teaches Keyboarding, Computer Coding and College and Career Awareness.