Mr. Stuart Arnell
- Bachelor of Science from University of Utah, 1990; Exercise and Sport Science. Teaching minor in History
- Master of Education from Weber State University, 1998
- Educator since 1991
- Churchill Jr. High since 2010
- Mr. Arnell began his teaching career in 1991 at Snowcrest Jr. High in Eden, Utah. For seven years he taught History, P.E. and coached a number of sports. In 1998 he left teaching for seven years and was an estimator for a large commercial construction company. In 2005 he returned to teaching (because he missed it so much) and taught History at Bennion Jr. High for five years. Currently, he teaches U.S. History and Utah Studies at Churchill and is monumentally happy to be here.
Mrs. Laura Pratt
6th Grade EnglishEnglish
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Utah, 1994; Major: English, Minor: Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
- Masters in Education, Culture, and Society from the University of Utah, 2017, with teaching endorsements in History, English Language Arts, and ESL
- Attended Higher Education Classes in Cairo, Egypt and Fez, Morocco
- Ms. Pratt began her career in grassroots international development in Utah, Kenya, and India, where she worked she worked with several primary and secondary schools. After leaving development work, Ms. Pratt worked in the independent film industry for a decade as a coordinator, writer, script supervisor, and producer in Utah, California, Maine, Puerto Rico, New York, and New Jersey. She has taken literary workshops from world famous authors and has published short YA fiction. In 2014 she returned to school and received her Master’s Degree in Education in 2017. As she pursues excellence in teaching, she also continues to hone her craft as a writer.