Mr. Stuart Arnell
- Bachelor of Science from University of Utah, 1990; Exercise and Sport Science. Teaching minor in History
- Master of Education from Weber State University, 1998
- Educator since 1991
- Churchill Jr. High since 2010
- Mr. Arnell began his teaching career in 1991 at Snowcrest Jr. High in Eden, Utah. For seven years he taught History, P.E. and coached a number of sports. In 1998 he left teaching for seven years and was an estimator for a large commercial construction company. In 2005 he returned to teaching (because he missed it so much) and taught History at Bennion Jr. High for five years. Currently, he teaches U.S. History and Utah Studies at Churchill and is monumentally happy to be here.
Ms. Michelle Chester
English 8/ Utah Studies
- Bachelor of Arts from Brigham Young University, 2005; Major: Secondary Education History Teaching, Minor: Political Science Teaching
- Post-Baccalaureate Studies Endorsement from Brigham Young University, 2008; Major: English Teaching
- Master of Education from Utah State University, 2017; Major: Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences with an Emphasis in Library Media Specialties
- Endorsements: History, English, Political Science, Library Media Specialist
- Educator since 2005
- Churchill Junior High since 2010
- Ms. Chester started her teaching career unconventionally in human resources; she was a hiring and education specialist for Macey’s Food Stores/Associated Foods for several years. Before coming to Granite School District, Ms. Chester also taught World Civilizations at The Art Institute of Salt Lake City. Ms. Chester worked at Granite Park Junior High and Eisenhower Junior High before making her way to Churchill. In her various teaching positions, Ms. Chester has taught 7th, 8th, and 9th grade English; Utah Studies; United States History; World Civilizations; and Debate. She is also the Churchill Debate Coach. Ms. Chester has also taught community education classes in interior design and various crafts including jewelry making, handmade cards, scrapbooking, sewing, painting, and wood decor.