Mrs. Laurel Myers
6th Grade English Teacher
Work Phone: (385) 646-1823work Personal Email: email@example.comINTERNET
- Bachelor of Science; Elementary Education – 2007 from University of Idaho
- Gifted Endorsement – Utah State University
- Educator since 2007
- Churchill since August 2017
- Mrs. Myers returned to school once her children were all in school. She taught reading and math to gifted 3rd, 4th and 5th graders for three years while living in Northern Idaho. She then moved on to teach in a 5th grade general class. During this experience, she was awarded “Teacher of the Year” at her school. In 2012 Mrs. Myers started teaching Language Arts at Oakridge Elementary. She has also taught a 3rd Grade Magnet class at Morningside. Before teaching, Mrs. Myers taught dance in her own studio. She also enjoys running, playing with her grandkids and attending sports events. She loves teaching and is energized by watching students learn and grow.
Mrs. Laura Pratt
6th Grade English
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Utah, 1994; Major: English, Minor: Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies
- Masters in Education, Culture, and Society from the University of Utah, 2017, with teaching endorsements in History, English Language Arts, and ESL
- Attended Higher Education Classes in Cairo, Egypt and Fez, Morocco
- Ms. Pratt began her career in grassroots international development in Utah, Kenya, and India, where she worked she worked with several primary and secondary schools. After leaving development work, Ms. Pratt worked in the independent film industry for a decade as a coordinator, writer, script supervisor, and producer in Utah, California, Maine, Puerto Rico, New York, and New Jersey. She has taken literary workshops from world famous authors and has published short YA fiction. In 2014 she returned to school and received her Master’s Degree in Education in 2017. As she pursues excellence in teaching, she also continues to hone her craft as a writer.