See the attached flyer for what is happening here.
For those who cannot make it to graduation – please enjoy the live stream of our Class of 2022 Graduation.
Olympus High Parents and Students,
We hope you have had a wonderful week! It’s crazy to think we officially only have 2 weeks of school left. We appreciate the hard work of our students, and are excited to continue working hard through the remainder of the school year.
We have a lot of very fun events coming up, especially for our senior class. Please take the time to review the information attached in this email.
Please review the link below for details about the last two weeks of school:
If you prefer information in a video format. Here is a video regarding the last 2 weeks:
A huge thanks to all of our talented students who submitted their work.
Check back next week for judging results & awards!
In addition to reviewing the attached documents, here is some information: And attachments below. This was also e-mailed to our patrons.
- Senior panoramic picture was taken yesterday. You can purchase pictures online at www.bellphoto.com. Or, you can pay in an envelope in the bookstore. You only have 3 days to purchase the panoramic pictures.
- Graduation will be happening on Thursday, June 2nd at 10:00 am at the Huntsman Center. Please see the attached letter for specific graduation information. As we get closer, we will send out parking maps and even more information.
- We will have a graduation practice on Wednesday, June 1st at 9:00 am. You are required to attend if you plan on participating in the commencement exercises.
- If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown – please make sure you go to Jostens.com to order your cap and gown. If you want to double check that we have one for you, please come check with Kim Gilbert in the bookstore.
- Cap and gowns will be at Olympus for pick up on Friday, May 27th. In order to pick up your cap and gown, you have to complete 2 clearance cards.
- Counseling Clearance Card – blue clearance card you will receive shortly from your counselor. This shows you have academic clearance for graduation.
- Pink Cap and Gown Card – this will be your ticket to get your cap and gown. This encompasses the blue clearance from your counselor, library clearance for any school issued items including Chromebook, and final bookstore clearance. You will have to give this card to Jostens to pick up your cap and gown. Don’t lose this card – if you do – you’ll have to start all over again.
- Senior Cotillion will be on Thursday, May 26th. This is a special dinner and dance for seniors only. This is happening at This is the Place Heritage Park. Tickets are available now for purchase.
- Senior Sunset will be on Tuesday, May 31st from 8:00-10:00 pm on the soccer field. Come enjoy the company of your senior class – dinner will be provided.
- We have a special Last Night party for our seniors the night of graduation. This year it will be at the Rush Funplex in Syracuse. Students need to purchase tickets through the bookstore, and will receive a shirt for entry. All information about the Last Night party can be found in the attached document. In order to receive your shirt, ticket must be purchased and consent form must be filled out and submitted to the bookstore.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns you have!
is back in person!
I would like to extend a personal invitation to everyone to come see the AP Studio art class art show the week of April 18-22, in the alumni room. It has been two years since we have held this show in person and I am very excited and proud to put this together for them. This is one of the most talented groups of artists I have ever had the privilege to work with for the past 14 years teaching at Olympus. This group in particular has won more awards and accolades than any other group I have worked with. Several have work touring the state and one on display at the capital in Washington DC. What is displayed is a sample of about half of the work they have created for their AP Portfolios. The show is not a competition so they don’t get awards or prizes, it’s just a chance for them to experience showing their work in a gallery. Some students have priced their work and are always super excited to when teachers/or the public purchase one of their pieces.
Olympus High Parents and Students,
Please review the attachment for important information regarding the ACT test that all of our juniors will be taking this coming Tuesday, March 8th. All juniors are required to attend. All other students will be having a distance learning day. Busses will be running their regular routes.
We will be on an AM assembly schedule tomorrow for our, “Titans Got Talent” assembly. The assembly will begin at 9:30 am, and we will be on our regular 2 lunch schedule.
Our boys basketball team will be competing in the 5A state championship game this coming Saturday, March 4th at BYU’s Marriott Center at 4:00 pm. Tickets are available online for purchase at the following link:
Please review the following link for our monthly principal message:
We hope you have a great day! GO TITANS!
To see your child’s progress report (Mid-Term) log in to the Granite Portal and click on Grades. Or go directly to gradebook. From there (see below) click on Progress Report and view the image below for explanations.
If there are no Grades posted as in the example above…
- the CD classes are through the GTI and have a different viewing window.
- office assistants are TA and are a P/F grade.
- one of the 4-4 classes is in 2nd semester.
Please also click on Assignments and Standards (for PBL classes) to see details about the grade. Feel free to e-mail teachers directly from gradebook with specific questions.
Hello Students! If you have forgotten your password and need it reset you may do so by asking a teacher… (Some, NOT all know how and have time) Or, come on down to the library and we can change it there. Please go here to learn how you can change it yourself.
Each student should have a school issued Chrome book.
- Freshman and new Titans should have received one at Orientation.
If you did not get one you will be called down on Monday or Tuesday from certain class periods
- Students who turned in their Chrome book at the end of last year will also be called down on Monday or Tuesday.
- If you have one already/still but cannot find it… You will NOT get a second one until it is cleared in the bookstore or administration. To see if you have one checked out log into Destiny. (Instructions)
Next week, (or so) after everyone has a Chrome book we will update all the remaining
“older” / “round plug” to a G6 or above.
If you chose to use your own device you must be sure to log in to Chrome and Google Drive with your @granitesd.org account and understand that the school is in no way responsible for your device on school grounds.
You may also need a school Chrome book for some testing during the year.
Thank you to all the new Titans who came to orientation on Thursday night. It was a huge success. We were able to introduce our school to our incoming students and checked out over 400 Chrome books! Please give those devices a full charge ASAP and get logged in with your @granitesd.org account. Check out this page if you need more instructions. The Chrome books are brand new but if you do have an issue with one please bring it back to the school ASAP. If you did not make it to the school we will checking out Chrome books in classes once school starts.
If you need assistance in logging in to the portal or Canvas you may fill out this form for a password change.